Unlike normal doors that swing sideway or roller shutters that rolls up into a cell , automatic garage doors are guided by tracks that open upwards to over head position electrically by garage door openers controlled by a handheld remote control.
There are two types of over head garage doors namely sectional and canopy (also known as tilt door or 1-piece door).
Sectional Garage Door Slides Up Along The Curved Tracks
- Door panel constructed by 4 to 5 horizontal sections high together
- Minium headroom: 300mm
- Retract completely to open position
- Authorized dealer of Martin Door USA, the world’s finest, safest garage door
Canopy Garage Door Has No Curved Tracks, It Flips Up By Hinged Arms
- 1-piece door panel
- Minimum headroom: 100mm
- Part of the door extrudes forming a canopy when fully open
- Faster but space outside of garage must be clear for opening/closing